As far as I know there haven't been any reports or issues having to do with
a memory leak in recent versions.

How much memory is being used is really up to the JVM in terms of how it
handles allocation and GC.  The only way to really know if there is a
memory leak is to analyze the results of a heap dump and see what's
actually in memory and not just how much memory is allocated.