I added an mqtt interceptor into my artemis broker in order to intercept mqtt
client connection:

/public class SimpleMQTTInterceptor implements MQTTInterceptor
{
        @Override
        public boolean intercept(final MqttMessage mqttMessage,
RemotingConnection
connection) throws ActiveMQException
        {
                System.out.println("MQTT Interceptor gets called ");

                if (mqttMessage instanceof MqttConnectMessage)
                {
                        System.out.println("MQTT connection intercepted ");
                }
                return true;
        }
}/

My problem is that only message published to topics are intercepted.
Why this doesn't intercept *CONNECT* message ?