We have a HA setup with shared storage on a NFSv4 share. During the startup
of the second server I got the following Exception and the startup process
will be stopped:

17:32:12,900 INFO  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.integration.bootstrap]
AMQ101000: Starting ActiveMQ Artemis Server
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Input/output error
        at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.pread0(Native Method)
        at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.pread(FileDispatcherImpl.java:52)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:220)
        at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:192)
        at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.readInternal(FileChannelImpl.java:741)
        at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.read(FileChannelImpl.java:727)
        at
org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.NodeManager.createNodeId(NodeManager.java:209)
        at
org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.NodeManager.setUpServerLockFile(NodeManager.java:195)
        at

I can reproduce the behaviour when I try to cat the file from the console:
[foo@broker bin]$ cat /data/artemis_shared_store/journal/server.lock
cat: /data/artemis_shared_store/journal/server.lock: Input/output error

Used environment: RHEL 7.3, Artemis 2.4.0
Btw: I tried ASYNCIO and NIO and got the same results.
Btw2: The same NFSv4 share works perfectly fine for a HA setup with two
embedded Artemis instances in JBoss EAP 7.0 (Artemis 1.1.0.SP16-redhat-1).

In my understanding NFSv4 is not recommended due to performance issues but
should work without errors?