Bharath,

I looked at the code that handles the connections to various different
database types (
https://github.com/apache/activemq/tree/master/activemq-jdbc-store/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/store/jdbc/adapter).
I see specialized subclasses (which handle certain non-standard behaviors)
for a number of database types, including Oracle, MySQL, DB2, Sybase, etc.
I don't see one for MSSQL, which means that MSSQL uses DefaultJDBCAdapter
and there's no attempt to capture the MSSQL-specific logic of needing to
reconnect when you receive that specific exception.

So in summary, it appears that although MSSQL is supported, the HA features
of MSSQL are not, and you should submit an enhancement request in JIRA to
ask for that feature to be added.

Tim