I couldn't see the limitQuery() support in the DefaultJDBCAdapter of AMQ5.10,
but it did arrive in AMQ5.13.  Our system is currently on 5.10 so we
upgraded a test system to 5.13.4.  I updated the jdbcPersistenceAdapter
element to look like this.......

<amq:persistenceAdapter>
                        <amq:jdbcPersistenceAdapter
adapter="oracleJDBCAdapter" dataSource="#dataSource"
transactionIsolation="2" useDatabaseLock="false" />
                </amq:persistenceAdapter>

......but encountered this exception on startup:

Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.ConversionNotSupportedException: Failed to convert
property value of type 'java.lang.String' to required type
'org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCAdapter' for property 'adapter'; nested
exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot convert value of type
[java.lang.String] to required type
[org.apache.activemq.store.jdbc.JDBCAdapter] for property 'adapter': no
matching editors or conversion strategy found
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:290)
[spring-beans.jar:4.0.6.RELEASE]
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:129)
[spring-beans.jar:4.0.6.RELEASE]
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1456)
[spring-beans.jar:4.0.6.RELEASE]
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1197)
[spring-beans.jar:4.0.6.RELEASE]
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:537)
[spring-beans.jar:4.0.6.RELEASE]
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:475)
[spring-beans.jar:4.0.6.RELEASE]

Can anyone give some pointers on what I'm doing wrong?  Or did I
misunderstand ....is the "adapter" attribute not yet implemented?