ActiveMQ 5.x doesn't support clustering (multiple active brokers all
sharing a set of messages to serve to clients), but Artemis does.

ActiveMQ supports having a client failover between multiple active brokers,
which could be linked together in a network of brokers, but a network of
brokers is not a cluster.

All a client would have to do to failover across multiple brokers is use a
failover URL around the multiple individual URLs (amqp URLs, in your case).

Tim