> When multiple backups are configured, does replication happen to all the
backups from the live server?

No.  I explained this in a previous response to one of your questions [1].

> Is there a way to prioritize the slaves as to who can become live when
the current live server goes down?

In the replication use-case the backup that's actually receiving the
replication data will become live when the current live server goes down.

> Under normal scenarios, how long does it take for a backup to realize
that the live is down and make itself live?

I'd say "a handful of seconds" is a fair estimate.

Justin

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/activemq-users/201802.mbox/browser