Hi,

In our activemq installation we are using kahaDb as the persistence adapter
with leased-database-locker for locking mechanism. The shared file system
used is NFSv3.

We wanted to test scenario where the Master node has access to mysql through
which it will remain master by acquiring lock but looses connection to
shared file system or NFS and see that the master switches since its not
able to contact NFS.

What i observed was in the activemq logs there are no exceptions when active
broker looses connection to NFS and the it still remains as master and the
clients fail to receive messages when it looses connection.

Following is the Exception handler used:
        <ioExceptionHandler>
            <leaseLockerIOExceptionHandler ignoreSQLExceptions="false"
stopStartConnectors="true"/>
        </ioExceptionHandler>

And following is the persistence adapter configuration:
          <persistenceAdapter>
    <kahaDB directory="/home/sunil" lockKeepAlivePeriod="5000">
        <locker>

            <lease-database-locker lockAcquireSleepInterval="10000"
dataSource="#mysql-ds">
                <statements>

                    <statements lockTableName="ACTIVEMQ_LOCK"/>
                </statements>
            </lease-database-locker>
        </locker>
    </kahaDB>
</persistenceAdapter>

And the NFS configuration:
10.31.103.147:/home/sunil   20G  103M   20G   1% /home/sunil

/home/sunil 10.31.52.55(rw,sync,fsid=0) 10.31.52.56(rw,sync,fsid=0)
10.31.52.57(rw,sync,fsid=0)

>From the NFS server using iptable rules the master node is dropped:
10.31.52.56 is master node
iptables -I OUTPUT -s 10.31.52.56 -j DROP
iptables -I INPUT -s 10.31.52.56 -j DROP
service iptables save

Does the activemq raise IOException when it looses connection to Shared
Filesystem ? And i can use NFSv3 as the shared file system rite ?

Thanks in advance