When an Artemis broker starts for the first time it creates a UUID and
persists it to the journal and that is what is broadcast around the cluster
to uniquely identify it.  If you happened to have copied one instance to
another (e.g. to save yourself the head-ache of configuring the XML) and
include the journal by accident this warning will be printed with the
broker joins the cluster.  To correct the issue just stop the broker,
delete the journal directory, and restart.  Of course, any messages in the
journal will be lost, but I'm guessing there aren't any messages in there
since you're just getting started and hit this issue.

As far as the "activemq.bak" directory goes...Artemis doesn't use a
directory with that name so I have no idea where that came from or what it
is for.

Let me know how it goes.

Justin