So when I look at these, they correspond to the current defaults of 10 and
10M respectively:
 <journal-pool-files>10</journal-pool-files>
 <journal-buffer-size>10485760</journal-buffer-size>

I thought I was helping by setting the max size bytes. However, I've reset
this back to the default -1 value.
 <address-setting match="#">
      <max-size-bytes>-1</max-size-bytes>

No I did not change the page-size-bytes setting. I don't know what
starvation's are. Are you suggesting the default
<page-size-bytes>10485760</page-size-bytes> is NOT the best with the default
max-size-bytes? I presumed this was the reason for those default values. At
this point I'm essentially back to the default configuration. What does it
mean when an address continues to grow in size like I was seeing?