Thanks for the confirmations.  I am pretty excited about using AMQP 1.0 but
the client libraries seem to be evolving quite quickly and redhat hasn't
kept up.  The version of redhat amq we are downloading (6.3) has a very old
version of the amqpnetlite client, and it is missing some good stuff that is
found in newer versions (eg. abstracted interfaces, and helper methods).

Using AMQP has been a learning curve.  The API for AMQP (eg. as exposed in
amqpnetlite) still seems quite technical (even in the latest versions).  The
API doesn't have enough of an abstraction layer to make it easy to build
messaging applications without introducing a lot of custom plumbing code.  I
sure wish .Net had something like QPID JMS.  I suppose that will be
available in time.