Are you able to reliably reproduce the behavior where a message is sent to
the DLQ but sendToDeadLetterQueue() is not called? If you are, can you
share that setup? With the help of a debugger or a profiler we might be
able to figure out why it's inconsistent, and how we could tie in to
something that would let us capture the remaining fraction of the messages
so you get all of them logged without having to tie into send().

Tim