Hi Justin - no problem on the radar!

On your questions, answered inline:

> This slipped off my radar, but I just had a quick look at your code.  The
> JNDI stuff looks like a mish-mash of Wildfly and Artemis implementation
> properties.

J.G.: That would probably be because I hadn't found a working example yet of
Artemis to HornetQ so I was trying to add Artemis JNDI as I found it.  Is
there any documentation on what the HornetQ to Artemis mapping might be?

> One important thing to keep in mind here is that the JNDI
> implementations between Artemis and Wildfly are completely different and
> each requires their own unique property values to be configured
> appropriately.

J.G.:  Understood.  So with my current scenario, I'm trying to connect to
HornetQ (EAP 6) but my applications hosted in EAP 7 so would I be using the
Artemis or HornetQ.  The example I found and put in the JBoss forum made it
look as if I could use Artemis but I had to change two values - which I did
- but then I couldnt find a complete example thats why theres some
HornetQ/Wildfly mixed in.

> If you're connecting to Wildfly you have to use the
> appropriate properties for their JNDI implementation, and if you're
> connecting to Artemis you have to use the appropriate properties for our
> implementation.

J.G.:  That seems to have answered the bove question - so I need to use
Wildfly plain old JNDI?

If thats the case Red Hat just said to set(from
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_jboss_enterprise_application_platform/7.0/html/configuring_messaging/messaging_forward_and_backward_compatiblity#messaging_backward_compatiblity
<https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_jboss_enterprise_application_platform/7.0/html/configuring_messaging/messaging_forward_and_backward_compatiblity#messaging_backward_compatiblity>

):
java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.activemq.artemis.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
connectionFactory.jms/ConnectionFactory=tcp://legacy server address:5445?
protocolManagerFactoryStr=org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.protocol.hornetq.client.HornetQClientProtocolManagerFactory
queue.jms/myQueue=myQueue

They say the default port is 5445, but my vendors server is listening on
30202 for remoting and 30206 for messaging - could you possibly point me to
where the HornetQ setting might be to verify the port?

Also, they dont mention the other JNDI settings like SASL and SSL?

> Another thing to keep in mind is the the Wildfly JNDI is a
> client/server implementation meaning the JNDI client implementation
> actually goes over the network and performs the lookup on the remote
> server.  The Artemis JNDI implementation is 100% client-side meaning that
> the JNDI client simply instantiates the JMS admin objects (connection
> factories, destinations, etc.) without doing any kind of remote lookup.
> It
> is up to the user to configure the Artemis JNDI properties appropriately
> so
> that it contains the resource JMS admin objects.

J.G.:  Understood on the above.  And I belive some of that was what I was
trying to do - I just have a lot of wrong JNDI settings (and likely some
code thats not needed)

> I guess my first question about your code would be - are you trying to use
> Wildfly or Artemis JNDI?

J.G.:  I'm just trying to get an app thats being forced (in a way) because
its running in EAP 7 with Artemis libraries to be able to communicate
properly with a queue on WildFly/HornetQ EAP 6.  I'm up for suggestions on
what I should be using to properly accomplish this.  It sounds like based on
Red Hats article as well as Artemis documentation that Artemis is backwards
compatible with HornetQ so sounds like I need to use the Artemis JNDI to get
things working properly?

Thanks for your time Justin - as always I appreciate the help and patience.