> I am hoping there is a way to pass authenticated credential from step 2
to step 3, then 4.

Looking at the code I don't see where any credentials are taken from the
incoming HTTP requests and passed along to the messaging operations. As you
noted, everything is hard-code to not use security.

> Or better yet, avoid the 2nd authentication and authorization at Artemis
server (with security on) all together.

I believe the only way to accomplish that would be to completely rewrite
the REST interface.

> It seems to me that artemis-rest expects us to secure rest interface URLs
with Artemis server security turned off.

Yes, I believe that was an original design assumption of the REST interface
implementation.

> In my case, I am hoping to secure both rest interface URLs and tcp:61616
so that client can post message via rest or via normal JMS protocol.  Is it
possible?

That doesn't look to be possible at this point from what I can tell.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you're wanting to use the REST
interface (which is not standardized) vs. a lightweight protocol like STOMP
(which is standardized)?

Justin