Have you configured limits on memory usage in the broker settings? You need
to look at a heap dump and see exactly where the memory is being used (if
it's messages on a destination, in prefetch etc).

Some general info about OOM and how to prevent it:
https://activemq.apache.org/javalangoutofmemory.html