The first bit is slightly more nuanced meaning there is another
possibility (which is what actually occurred in ARTEMIS-3421), so I
would state it a little differently:

Change the hostname value that is being connected to in the broker
config, so it can match against the existing certificate offered, or
change the certificate (e.g adding appropriate subject alternative
names) so that it can match whatever hostname value is being connected
to. If not those then you would need to consider verifyHost=false
(<obligatory warning here>) to permit the mismatch.