When I developed page counters.  I did out of users demanding. I did not
want to have it. And just rely on number of pages.

I’m having issues with the page counters out of replication.   I was not
able to identify any issues without the use of replication.
So are you using replication as well.

And if your system is patient also look at the number of pages until we fix
it.

--
Clebert Suconic