Hi,

We are using a docker container of ActiveMQ 5.17.0 and our vulnerability
scanner found the library spring-web-5.3.16.jar which is vulnerable to
cve-2016-1000027.

Can you confirm/infirm if Active MQ is affected / whether it uses a Spring
remoting endpoint?

More details about this vulnerability:
Pivotal Spring Framework through 5.3.16 suffers from a potential remote code
execution (RCE) issue if used for Java deserialization of untrusted data.
Depending on how the library is implemented within a product, this issue may or
not occur, and authentication may be required. NOTE: the vendor's position is
that untrusted data is not an intended use case. The product's behavior will
not be changed because some users rely on deserialization of trusted data.

https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/cve-2016-1000027

Thank you!