Which exact client library are you using?

ActiveMQ 5.18.x introduced the activemq-client-jakarta module which is
separate from the normal JMS client. You can find the versions here [1].

That said, the client is not "fully compatible" as certain methods have not
yet been implemented. See this page [2] for more details.

Justin

[1]
https://central.sonatype.com/artifact/org.apache.activemq/activemq-client-jakarta/5.18.0/versions
[2] https://activemq.apache.org/jms2