Hello Team,

We have found strange problem when upgrading ActiveMQ Artemis instance from
version 2.29.0 and higher to the same or higher version.
After running command "artemis upgrade /path/to/instance", web section in
bootstrap.xml is broken and Artemis cannot start:

   <web path="web" rootRedirectLocation="console">
       <binding name="artemis" uri="http://localhost:8161";>
           <app name="branding" name="branding" url="activemq-branding"
war="activemq-branding.war"/>
           <app name="plugin" name="plugin" url="artemis-plugin"
war="artemis-plugin.war"/>
           <app name="console" url="console" war="console.war"/>
       </binding>
   </web>

After each upgrade, duplicate key-value name="branding" is added to the
branding app section.

When upgrading to the current version, it also breaks bootstrap.xml. Tried in
Windows and Linux, does not matter.
When upgrading from 2.28 and earlier, it does not cause problem because there
is no "name" property in app sections.
I did not find find an issue in the Apache Jira, so I decided to write to the
mailing list.

Steps to reproduce: unzip apache-artemis archive, create instance and upgrade:

artemis.cmd create --user admin --password admin --require-login
C:\path\to\artemis-inst-2.29.0
artemis.cmd upgrade C:\path\to\artemis-inst-2.29.0

--
Best regards,
Aleksandr Milovidov

otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient any
use, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately either by
telephone or by e-mail and delete this message and any attachment from your
system. Correspondence via e-mail is for information purposes only. AO
Raiffeisenbank neither makes nor accepts legally binding statements by e-mail
unless otherwise agreed.