YOu need to have the consumer and session open to be able to saveToOuptutStream
On your case, your using the core API directly and you're calling save
after the consumer closed. The change you mentioned is closing the
consumer.

I suggest you either use the consumer directly and close it yourself
when you're supposed to?

--
Clebert Suconic