From: Justin Bertram <jbert...@apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2023 12:50 PM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: {EXTERNAL MAIL} WELCOME to users@activemq.apache.org

The "client-kickoff" example is using Java system properties to configure
remote JMX connectivity. However, that configuration method was replaced awhile
back with management.xml which you can see being used in the "jmx"
example. I've opened ARTEMIS-4409 [1] and sent a PR to fix this. In the
meantime, please refer to the "jmx" example as well as the documentation [2]
for details on how remote JMX connectivity should be configured.

The management API is fundamentally based on JMX, but it is exposed in several
different ways as noted in the documentation [3]:

 - HTTP via Jolokia. See the documentation [4] for more details.
 - Management messages. See the documentation [5] and the "management"
example for more details.

Justin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-4409
[2]