The code in console.war is not actually a direct part of the ActiveMQ
Artemis code-base. It is coming from Hawtio [1], specifically from the
hawtio-system [2] module. Looking through the code in the hawtio-system
module I don't see any use of any method named toJSONObject (i.e. the
method mentioned in the CVE).

Therefore, I don't believe this CVE applies to ActiveMQ Artemis.

In any case, I've sent a PR [3] to upgrade Hawtio to 2.17.6 which uses a
newer dependency which should hopefully eliminate these spurious warnings
from your scanner.

Justin

[1] https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio
[2] https://github.com/hawtio/hawtio/blob/main/hawtio-system/pom.xml#L85