Found the problem with spring boot dependency management, thanks for the help
and sorry for the off topic problem !

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Envoyé : mercredi 22 novembre 2023 12:19
À : users@activemq.apache.org
Objet : Re: [ActiveMQ Classic] Broker dependencies in 5.18.3

[Vous ne recevez pas souvent de courriers de robbie.gemm...@gmail.com.
Découvrez pourquoi ceci est important à
https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content
is safe.

Something about your specific build is making Maven select 5.18.2 for those
modules, as the 5.18.3 broker module does originally depend on the 5.18.3
modules.

Maven will resolve all the [transitive] dependencies of your build, and pick
one version for everything used. In that process, something is making it pick
5.18.2 for the other modules. Its likely you either have other dependencies in
your build that [transitively] depend on the 5.18.2 client etc, and the
resolution is selecting those versions as they are somehow 'closer' (explained
somewhat in
https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html#transitive-dependencies),
or else perhaps you have some dependencyManagement in play somehow that is
setting it (check any bom/pom imports, or parent poms you are using, if you
dont think you are doing it directly...see also
https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html#Dependency_Management
for more detail). You can ensure what is picked using your own
dependencyManagement declarations.

You can examine what is being picked and why using: "mvn dependency:tree" to
see the effective selection path, and "mvn dependency:tree -Dverbose" to see
various added details otherwise omitted by default.

You can examine the actual effective pom for your build once inheritance etc is
considered, and see where each effective line is actually coming from, using
"mvn help:effective-pom -Dverbose"

On Wed, 22 Nov 2023 at 10:12, PERRIN COMBALUZIER Gaetan
<gaetan.perrincombaluz...@ext.biomerieux.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hello Team,
>
> I'm using ActiveMQ broker on multiple projects, and we just made the update
> from 5.18.2 to 5.18.3 to correct CVE-202346604.
>
> In my maven dependencies, I just declare activemq-broker and let him handle
> his dependencies.
>
> However, he seems to download his ActiveMQ dependencies (activemq-client and
> activemq-openwire-legacy) in 5.18.2.
>
> Is it normal ? Shouldn't it go for 5.18.3 ?
>
> Obviously, I can work around it by declaring myself which version of each
> dependency I want, but I'm surprised maven doesn't take care of it by himself.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gaétan Perrin
>

> AVIS : Ce courrier et ses pieces jointes sont destines a leur seul
> destinataire et peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles appartenant
> a bioMerieux. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire, vous etes informe que toute
> lecture, divulgation, ou reproduction de ce message et des pieces jointes est
> strictement interdite. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur merci d'en
> prevenir l'expediteur et de le detruire, ainsi que ses pieces jointes.
> NOTICE: This message and attachments are intended only for the use of their
> addressee and may contain confidential information belonging to bioMerieux.
> reading, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message, or any
> attachment, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
> error, please notify the original sender immediately and delete this message,
> along with any attachments.
AVIS : Ce courrier et ses pieces jointes sont destines a leur seul destinataire
et peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles appartenant a bioMerieux.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire, vous etes informe que toute lecture,
divulgation, ou reproduction de ce message et des pieces jointes est
strictement interdite. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur merci d'en
prevenir l'expediteur et de le detruire, ainsi que ses pieces jointes. NOTICE:
This message and attachments are intended only for the use of their addressee
and may contain confidential information belonging to bioMerieux. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,