Hi Fred-

Most likely, you are seeing a _redelivery_ vs a bug or actual duplicate
message.

First thing to confirm that it is in fact the same message by comparing
messageId, and not just properties or message body content. There are scenarios
where a producer may inadvertently send the same message a second time, which
is a double-send (and not a duplicate).

This type of environment-specific issue is generally beyond what is feasible to
support over an email mailing list of volunteers.

A couple things to go check out to see if there are any errors or unexpected
log messages indicating some sort of network or other system issue that may
lead to what you are seeing.

1. Database server logs
2. ActiveMQ broker logs
3. Application consumer logs

Hope this helps get you pointed down the path to solve for it.

Thanks,
Matt