Hi Thomas,

We are using 0.8 cluster still!!

Regards,
Raja.

From: Thomas Weise <thomas.we...@gmail.com<mailto:thomas.we...@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, June 6, 2016 at 5:23 PM
To: "users@apex.apache.org<mailto:users@apex.apache.org>"
<users@apex.apache.org<mailto:users@apex.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: kafka offset commit

Hi Raja,

Which Kafka version are you using?

With the new 0.9 connector there is no need for the offset manager:

https://github.com/apache/apex-malhar/tree/master/kafka/src/main/java/org/apache/apex/malhar/kafka

Thanks,
Thomas

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Raja.Aravapalli
<raja.aravapa...@target.com<mailto:raja.aravapa...@target.com>> wrote:
Hi

Can someone please help me understand, where will the offsets be stored when
consuming with “KafkaSinglePortStringInputOperator”  ?

And, how to handle restarts ?

I worked with Storm earlier, Storm maintains the offsets in zookeeper and
client id is maintained for every consumer, using which

- we can see what is the current offset status for a given partition & modify
them as well using zookeeper-cli !!
- restarts can be handled

As per the Apex documentation, I can see, that using OffsetManager we can
handle the restarts effectively, but couldn’t find any examples to refer…

How clientId can be used to retrieve offsets status
And ability to edit the offsets etc

can someone pls help me find this ?

Thanks a lot!!

-Regards,