Hi,

This depends on the operator Z. If it has multiple input ports and those
are optional, you can add P, then connect P to Z (and X), then remove Y.

If Z has a single port, then Z and everything downstream would need to be
removed or else the change won't result in a valid DAG and won't be
accepted.

Thomas

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 1:48 PM, Hyunseok Chang <hyunseok.ch...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> So if I replace Y in pipeline X -> Y -> Z -> U -> W -> V with P, then what
> I would have is X -> P -> Z' -> U' -> W' -> V' ?   Where Z', U', W' and V'
> are new operator instances that need to be deployed along with P.
>
> Is my understanding correct?   If so is there any reason why we cannot
> re-use existing operators downstream?
>
> -hs
>

> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Amol Kekre <a...@datatorrent.com> wrote:
>

>> Hyunseok,
>> The new route in the pipeline will have a new Z operator. If you want to
>> use the old Z operator (state?) then things get tricky. Do confirm that you
>> do not plan to use old Z operator.
>>
>> Thks,
>> Amol
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Sandesh Hegde <sand...@datatorrent.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello hs,
>>>
>>> Yes, you can change the topology from the Apex CLI.
>>>
>>> One possible sequence of commands for your scenario is described below,
>>>
>>> connect appid
>>> begin-logical-plan-change
>>> create-operator ....
>>> add-stream-sink ...  ( for the input of P )
>>> add-stream-sink ... ( for the output of P )
>>> remove-operator ...