For recovery you need to set the window data manager like so:

https://github.com/DataTorrent/examples/blob/master/tutorials/exactly-once/src/main/java/com/example/myapexapp/Application.java#L33

That will also apply to stateful restart of the entire application
(relaunch from previous instance's checkpointed state).

For cold restart, you would need to consider the property you mention and
decide what is applicable to your use case.

Thomas