Chiranjeevi,
You will need to set the limit on each server in the cluster ->
http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/ulimit.3.html
Run ulimit on each server in the cluster to set the value. Once you decide
what the number should be, do remember to (a) set it using ulimit, & (b)
put this command in a script that is invoked during reboot. To decide the
number, you will need to know max number of open files the app has at any
given time, and then add a buffer of say 2x to it. This user is the one
used for Hadoop.

There is also a system wide file limit that you should set using sysctl (
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-increase-the-maximum-number-of-open-files/).
This number should be higher than per user limit as other processes will
also need to open files.

Thks,
Amol