It may also help to enable DEBUG level logging for com.datatorrent.* once the issue is reproduced again and check activity in the application master logs.

Thank you,

Vlad

On 5/30/17 10:41, Sandesh Hegde wrote:
When that issue happens, please check the free resource(CPU and memory) available for Yarn.

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 10:36 AM Ganelin, Ilya <ilya.gane...@capitalone.com <mailto:ilya.gane...@capitalone.com>> wrote:

    I think I checked this and I don’t see any activity whatsoever. No
    re-launch, just empty tabs. I’ll try to provide a screenshot next
    time it happens.

    - Ilya Ganelin

    id:image001.png@01D1F7A4.F3D42980

    *From: *Pramod Immaneni <pra...@datatorrent.com
    <mailto:pra...@datatorrent.com>>
    *Date: *Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 10:17 AM
    *To: *"users@apex.apache.org <mailto:users@apex.apache.org>"
    <users@apex.apache.org <mailto:users@apex.apache.org>>
    *Cc: *DataTorrent Users Group <dt-us...@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:dt-us...@googlegroups.com>>
    *Subject: *Re: Container failure without relaunch

    Hi Ilya,

    What is the state of the physical containers in the physical
    tab. Are the containers dying and continuously restarting.

    Thanks

    On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Ganelin, Ilya
    <ilya.gane...@capitalone.com <mailto:ilya.gane...@capitalone.com>>
    wrote:

        Hi all – several times now I’ve noticed odd behavior with our
        app. When running for several days or more, I’ll observe that
        following an operator failure, the container does not
        relaunch. I’m not sure what accounts for this, I don’t see any
        further errors in the log following the initial “stop” +
        “operator remove, it’s as if recovery is not working. Any
        thoughts on what could be causing this?

        - Ilya Ganelin

        The information contained in this e-mail is confidential
        and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and
        may only be used solely in performance of work or services for
        Capital One. The information transmitted herewith is intended
        only for use by the individual or entity to which it is
        addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
        recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
        retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other
        use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this
        information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
        communication in error, please contact the sender and delete
        the material from your computer.