I would dig deeper into why serde of the linked hashmap is failing. There
are additional logging you can enable in kryo to get more insight. You can
even try a standalone kryo test to see if it is a problem with the
linkedhashmap itself or because of some other object that was added to it.
You could try a newer version of kryo to check if the serde works in a
newer version because some big was fixed. Once you get more insight on the
cause then we would be in a better position to determine the best approach.

Thanks