On 2020-06-11 04:32, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

On Jun 10, 2020, at 16:06, honas graelwrote:

I am playing with buildbot I've got a setup just master and worker on 2
separate virtual machines.
I want to set up the URL to make use of HTTPS, So far I've found that i can do
http://docs.buildbot.net/current/manual/configuration/global.html#cfg-titleURL
c['title'] = "Buildbot"
c['titleURL'] = "http://mybuildbot/";
I want to change the title url to use https and not http
I don't know much about SSL or TLS. Could someone
point me at how I can configure my buildbot setup to use https
http://docs.buildbot.net/current/manual/configuration/www.html

"Note that SSL is not supported. To host Buildbot with SSL, use an HTTP proxy such
as lighttpd, nginx, or Apache."
The trick is to use a webserver infront of buildbot. I recommend nginx.
The second step is to use SSL. You can get free certicifactes with let's encrypt:
See here: https://letsencrypt.org/getting-started/

The buildbot documentation has an example nginx config file:
https://docs.buildbot.net/2.8.1/manual/configuration/www.html?highlight=nginx#reverse-proxy-configuration

Regards,

Roland