Markus,

What does the path to the GC root look like for the classloader object that couldn't be unloaded in Eclipse MAT?

Regards,

Gert

Markus Wolf wrote:

we tried this but it throws this Exception during creation of the
ActiveMQConnectionFactory:
Tried what exactly? Running the camel-activemq-web war works fine for me.

I've tried to put only the activemq libraries into my tomcat common
classpath and all camel dependencies including camel-core into my
webapp. That caused the exeception I mentioned.

org/apache/activemq/management/JMSStatsImpl
Looks like missing dependencies. Are you using maven to resolve the
dependencies?

That file resides in the activemq-core.jar. I've checked that. And that
file is inside the tomcat common classpath. Maybe I missconfigured
something here... :/

[snip]

I guess there is currently no way to use ActiveMQ in an embedded way
which does not have classloader leaks.
I don't see any evidence of a class loader leak?

Ok, let me explain it a bit more in detail.
The ActiveMQConnectionFactory and the TcpTransport (some other classes
also) create ThreadPools (to be excact ScheduledThreadPools from Java
Concurrent). That thread pools are configured with custom
ThreadFactories to set the created Threads to daemon behaviour.
When we undeploy our application then the ThreadPool classes keep a
reference to the ThreadFactories. This factories are loaded by tomcats
webapp classloader whereas the ThreadPool classes are loaded by the
bootstrap classloader of the JDK.
Therefore the webapp classloader could not be unloaded.

I'm not a classloader expert but I check this with the eclipse memory
analyzer tool (http://www.eclipse.org/mat), because I wanted to see
which part of our application keeps the PermGen.

Markus
- --
NMMN - New Media Markets & Networks GmbH
Geschäftsführung: Kfm. Michael Schütt
Finanzamt HH-Altona UStID DE 812 699 852  HRB 71102 Hamburg
HypoVereinsbank  -   BLZ 200 300 00  -  Konto-Nr. 156 29 82

http://www.nmmn.com               Tel.: +49 40 284 118 -0
Langbehnstrasse 6                 Entwicklung:         -720
22761 Hamburg                     Fax:                 -999

Rufen Sie uns kostenlos an: http://www.nmmn.com/call/software