On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 2:40 PM, siva naresh <vssnar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     we are developing the application for generic endpoints.. and we do not
> want to
> to check the instance of the endpoint with the instance of MailEndpoint and
> set the properties..
>
> Is there a way to enter the property(mail.smtp.starttls.enable=true) via the
> URI.. in Camel 1.5?
> or get the property from the spring configuration file.
No. You can set it as a JVM system property :)

You can configure the endpoint manaually in Spring using the <bean id=
class=> regular spring bean style.
This has been enhanced greatly in Camel 2.0 so nearly all endpoints
can be created 100% from spring bean style.

So I am afraid you are a bit out of luck since you dont want to set it
in Java. You can after all just use an instanceof check to see if its
a mail endpoint.

> Claus Ibsen-2 wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 1:30 PM, siva naresh <vssnar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Please see the following code snippet..
>>>
>>> Endpoint smtpEndPoint = context
>>>
>>>  .getEndpoint("smtp://usern...@smtp.gmail.com:25?password=password");
>>>
>>>    try {
>>>              producer = smtpEndPoint .createProducer();
>>>              Exchange ex = producer.createExchange();
>>>              ex.getIn().setBody("hello");
>>>               producer.process(ex);
>>>      } catch (Exception e) {
>>>                        e.printStackTrace();
>>>     }
>>>
>>> throws
>>> com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a