Hi Claus,

Thanks for chiming in. I followed your advice and used Main:
http://pastie.org/2195549

Unfortunately the same thing happens: the JVM shutsdown once I
shutdown ActiveMQ. The interesting bit is that the Hangup code
(shutdown hook) is triggered by this scenario:

09:58:08,657 [ INFO] MainSupport$HangupInterceptor:74 - Received hang
up - stopping the main instance.

(for completeness sake, the full output is here: http://pastie.org/2195573 )

This is ultimately what causes the app stop, without any attempt at
recovery. Obviously I didn't do ctrl-c on the Camel app or anything
else that might cause this. I observed the same behavior in my
original application (where I had my own shutdownhook as well, which
was triggered). Strange huh?