Hi,

you can take a look at my tutortial. It is much more curren than the one on the camel site:
http://www.liquid-reality.de/x/G4Bk

I did not use the archetypes but they are also a good starting point. So you can either copy and change my example or create your project from one of the archetypes Claus mentioned.

As you see from the tutorial the camel installation on Karaf is also much simpler now.

Christian