I find it very difficult to start a such huge and important challenge as
Camel 3.0 will be, for sure. I think the most difficult part is to get
consensus about what we do it and how we do it. We already collect some
useful ideas at [1], but I have the feeling we have to review these ideas.
First of all, because I don't think we can do all of them in one release (I
also have a few more - more important from my point of view - ideas,
collected from users, contributors, committers and PMC members). Second,
some ideas need more "meat" before someone else than the authors know what
this means and which impact it has. Third, a few of these ideas are already
implemented in Camel 2.11 or before, so that we can remove it from this
page to be more focused.

- Rename "Camel 3.0 - Roadmap" into "Camel 3.0 - Ideas"

- Start a fresh "Camel 3.0 - Roadmap" WIKI page which we will fill with
content in the next weeks
 - I propose to subdivide this page into three (child) pages:
  - What has to be done before we can start working on Camel 3.0 (probably
during the (short term) Camel 2.12)
  - What are the changes we do in Camel 3.0
  - What is postpone to 3.1 or later
 - Afterwards we put everything together, we will see on which ideas we
already agree and which ones requires detailed discussions.
  - For later ones I propose  a weekly (or two times per week) IRC/Skype
session for discussion (Which days/time fit best for you?)
  - We should also start a [DISCUSS CAMEL-3.0: <TOPIC>] thread at dev@ for
the guys they are not able to attend
  - Afterwards we will send the results to the dev@ mailing list to share
it (if you are interested in it, join us at d...@camel.apache.org)

I will start with it after 72 h to give everyone the possibility to suggest
another approach (I will only start writing down some ideas which are not
on table right now). And of course, every help is welcome. A simple -1 or
better +1 ;-) is not much, but also helpful and better than no feedback...
Better, if you join us [2] and ride together with us Camel 3.0.

[1] http://camel.apache.org/camel-30-roadmap.html
[2] http://camel.apache.org/contributing.html

Best,
Christian