Ok, before I go the CXF-RS route (no pun intended) I want to try
restlet.  To clarify - can I use restlet to consume any RESTful
service,
or does the service have to be a restlet service?

The example client-side code on the the page: http://camel.apache.org/restlet

Has:

from("direct:start-auth").to("restlet:http://localhost:"; + port +
"/securedOrders?restletMethod=post");
That is all we need. We are ready to send a request and try out the
restlet component:
final String id = "89531";

Map<String, Object> headers = new HashMap<String, Object>();
headers.put(RestletConstants.RESTLET_LOGIN, "admin");
headers.put(RestletConstants.RESTLET_PASSWORD, "foo");
headers.put("id", id);

String response =
(String)template.requestBodyAndHeaders("direct:start-auth", "<order
foo='1'/>", headers);

I don't need to authenticate, and I only need to do a GET, but the URL
I'm consuming from
has a query string with a parameter whose value is an Xpath

http://localhost:4040/some/service?param1=/root/level2[id='xyz']

Do I need to URL-Encode the first '?' so I can append "?restletMethod=GET"

?

Thanks,

Chris