Hi,

How about importing routes from other XML files[1]?
You can put a dummy xml in you test resource directory which could be find
first when you doing the POC or testing.
When you want to run the route in production, you just need to make sure the
dummy one is not in the class path.

[1]http://camel.apache.org/spring.html#Spring-HowdoIimportroutesfromotherXMLfiles

--
Willem Jiang