Thanks for the suggestions.  So far, I have not done anything
programmatically - just tried suspending the route via JMX (jconsole)
and when that didn't work, tried stopping the route - that didn't work
either.  I can't remove the route since it is declarative from
Spring-DSL, however, I guess I could resort to changing it to dynamic
with yet another custom Processor to add/remove the route.

Regards,

Chris