Hi,
For 2.12,x, you would need to insert some filter processor in your
route. For example, you can insert an identity StAX transformer (i.e.,
just read each event and forward it to the user without any
transformation) in your route so that the wellformedness is checked
while the data is read by the tokenizer. I don't know if someone
already has something like that. If not, you will need to write such a
processor.

regards, aki