Hello Christian,

I did exactly as you described above but no authentication mechanism is
triggered. I have tried your two approaches as well and no authentication
mechanism ever came into action. Maybe there is something wrong with my
versions:

Apache Karaf 2.3.2
Apache CXF 2.7.6
Apache Camel 2.11.1

I have read this

but I am not sure if this is the reason.

Last week I have commenced with an update to Karaf 3.0.2 but so far I am not
able to start my bundle because cxf bus in blueprint cannot initialized
(this part in bluprint.xml: <httpj:engine-factory bus="cxf">). Probably this
has something to do with wrong versions and missing imports. I am very
discouraged.

Kind regards,
Hilderich