Hi Claus,
Thanks for your response.
Am I to understand that the REST DSL in combination with the `servlet`
consumer does not allow setting a custom HttpBinding? If so, I believe this
is a huge limitation given that these two are very commonly used together.
It is also not very clear from the documentation that Servlet component will
not allow custom HttpBinding when used in REST DSL.
Here is my scenario:
1. Servlet component explicitly defined in Spring context, where we set the
http binding:
    <bean id="servlet"
class="org.apache.camel.component.servlet.ServletComponent">
<property name="httpBinding">            <bean
class="my.custom.HttpBinding"/>        </property>
</bean>
2. DSL REST config:
        restConfiguration()                .component("servlet")  <- use
the `servlet` component we defined above
.bindingMode(RestBindingMode.auto);        rest("/my-path")
.consumes(MediaType.APPLICATION_XML)
.produces(MediaType.APPLICATION_XML)
.post().type(MyXMLMappedDataClass.class)                .route()
.routeId("My-Route")                            .to(....)
        ....                            ....
        Then, on Spring/Camel startup, the following calls are executed in this
order:
1) component.createEndpoint(..) in DefaultCamelContext.java:525 results in
endpoint.setBinding(binding) (on ServletComponent.java:96), which
*correctly* sets my custom binding instance, however the next step
2) factory.createConsumer(..) RestEndpoint.java:167 results in
endpoint.setBinding(new ServletRestHttpBinding()) (on
ServletComponent.java:208), which overwrites the instance previously set
I can understand the rationale behind enforcing ServletRestHttpBinding,
however it will be good if the option to extend this class and configure it
as a custom binding still exists.
Thanks
Pav