Hi all,

I'd like to write couple of route definitions that will be reused in
multiple places.

If I use the Java DSL it is straight forward, I can reuse the RouteBuilder
class in many places, but I want to use the XML DSL and I can see two

1. Use <routes> statements. Looks like it is mostly used for unit tests.
2. Use routeContext to define the routes.

Can anyone tell me what is the difference and the intended use of 1 and 2?

What limitations they have compared to normal routes defined in Java DSL or
XML DSL?

[1] http://camel.apache.org/loading-routes-from-xml-files.html
[2] http://camel.apache.org/how-do-i-import-routes-from-other-xml-files.html

TIA,

--
Bilgin Ibryam

Red Hat, Inc.
Apache Camel & Apache OFBiz committer
Blog: ofbizian.com
Twitter: @bibryam <https://twitter.com/bibryam>

Author of Instant Apache Camel Message Routing
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1783283475