Hi,

I'm running 2.14.0 and I had a route which I'd changed from the seda to
direct endpoint. I left a "?concurrentConsumers=2" on the URI using the Java
DSL.

When I started camel the application would start but would shut down again
immediately. It took me a while to realise that there was a parameter on the
URI which was not valid for the direct component.

Camel didn't report an error in the logs at all but just failed silently.
Would be good to throw an exception or add some sort of message to highlight
the issue.

To recreate, use:-

 @Override
    from("direct:willFail?concurrentConsumers=2")
      .to("mock:wontReachHere");
 }

Cheers, Chris.