We have a need to route message to a temporary location and to re-submit
them every n seconds.

We're thinking of sending the message to a queue if a later re-try is
needed.

A separate process would then be required to read from the queue and
re-submit. This is fine but clearly listening on a queue is normally a
constant process, so out of the box we'd get the message intended for
re-try immediately and send it onwards for re-trying without any delay.

It would be nice therefore to "wake up" a queue consumer after some sleep
interval. Lets the background processes run that caused the need for a
re-try.

Any good way of achieving this?

[ We have tried pushing them into a database and periodically pulling them
back out into the main process again, but we're hitting
ConcurrentModificationExceptions which are proving difficult to understand.
]

Thanks,

James