Are you sure "GenericFileOperationFailedException.class" is thrown from the producer?

Because it could be thrown by a producer("from()") but not by a consumer("to()")

Try to catch Exception.class and log the exception you get with |Exchange.EXCEPTION_CAUGHT or some simple exceptions listed here: http://camel.apache.org/simple

Regards,

Morgan