You can integrate the vert.x with Camel by implement the camel component API
(which could be a more easy way to go), and we just have camel-vertx
component[1] to do this kind of work.

the Vramel way is like reimplement the Camel DSL on base of vert.x API, which
need to lots of work to reimplement the Camel core functions.

[1]http://camel.apache.org/vertx.html

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.