Hi,

There is a set of recommendations to make a maven plugin eclipse-compatible:
http://eclipse.org/m2e/documentation/m2e-making-maven-plugins-compat.html

In particular, the use of BuildContext is very important because it prevents mismatch between the state produced by the execution of a maven plugin and the state seen by eclipse.
Without eclipse, it has no performance overhead.

For example, I am using camel-package-maven-plugin for my camel component and in Eclipse, the generation of code triggers a rebuild which triggers generation of code and this indefinitely.

Using the  BuildContext would prevent such situation normally.

It would be nice if it was used in the camel maven plugins :)

Thanks!