I'd setup the ssh tunnel outside of Camel, then have your Camel JMS URI use
the localhost/port that's being forwarded. That way Camel has no knowledge
of the port forwarding.

Perhaps try something like sshuttle <https://github.com/apenwarr/sshuttle> to
provide a simple VPN of sorts via ssh. I've used this between unix hosts
with good results.

Or, look into a real vpn solution if it's a critical app.

HTH,
Doug